Find Your Tour
The Baltic Capitals
The Baltic Capitals
Vilnius – Riga - Tallinn
8 Days/7 Nights
Departure Dates 2015
Day 1. Vilniu
Arrival in Vilnius, optional transfer to Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva**** or similar, check-in, welcome drink.
Day 2. Vilnius
Vilnius is known for its more than 1.200 medieval buildings and 48 churches. The morning sightseeing tour includes a panoramic tour of the city and a walking tour of the Old Town with Vilnius Cathedral, Gediminas Tower, Peter and Paul Church, St. Anne’s Church, Old University and the Gates of Dawn. The afternoon offers an optional excursion to Trakai, the medieval capital of Lithuania, with the well preserved Trakai Castle, beautifully located on an island in Lake Galve. In the evening enjoy an optional folklore dinner at Restaurant Belmontas.
Day 3. Riga
Heading to Riga, the first stop is the Hills of Crosses, one of the most holy sites of Catholic Lithuania. After crossing into Latvia we soon reach the magnificent Rundale Palace, the former summer residence of the Duke of Courland. Following a guided tour of the palace we travel through the rolling hills of Southern Latvia to reach Riga late afternoon, check-in at Hotel Radisson Blu Latvija**** or similar.
Day 4. Riga
Before we get acquainted with Riga we have the possibility of discovering medieval Latvia. The optional tour for this morning takes us to the stunning scenery of the Gauja National Park and the town of Sigulda. We listen to the medieval Latvian legend of the Rose of Turaida and see the ruins of the Episcopal Castle and of the Castle of the Knights of the Sword before we return to Riga. The afternoon offers an optional visit to the Ethnographical Open Air Museum, a spacious exposition of 18th century country life. The evening offers an optional organ concert at the Dome Cathedral.
Day 5. Riga
Riga, founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert, is the largest of the three Baltic capitals and boasts a real kaleidoscope of architectural styles. The walking tour of the Old Town includes Riga Castle, the Dome Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, the Swedish Gate, the Three Brothers, the Large and Small Guilds and the Freedom Monument. The afternoon is reserved for an optional visit to Jurmala, the vibrant Latvian sea resort, famous for its wooden architecture and sandy beaches. In the evening enjoy an optional Latvian dinner at the stylish Restaurant La Boheme.
Day 6. Tallinn
The tour continues along the coastal highway to the Estonian summer resort of Parnu. We do a short tour of the resort before we continue through the North Estonian land of forests and arrive in Tallinn early afternoon, check-in at the Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia**** or similar.
Day 7. Tallinn
Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquillity and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafés and restaurants. The sightseeing tour takes us around the old medieval city walls and into the Old Town where we see Toompea Castle, Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, medieval Old Town Hall and Great Guild Hall. In the afternoon an optional excursion is offered to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU, the award-winning new Estonian art museum, with its collections of classic and contemporary fine art. The evening offers an optional medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack.
Day 8. Tallinn
Optional transfer to airport.
Price in EURO per person includes tour operator commission.
The price includes:
• 7 overnights at centrally located 4 star hotels
• 7 x buffet breakfast
• Welcome drink with champagne-cocktail or juice
• Personalised welcome package
• Entrances to Old University in Vilnius, Rundale Palace, St. Peter’s Church and Tower in Riga and
medieval Great Guild Hall in Tallinn
• Service of English speaking tour escort and local English speaking guides for all tours
• Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
• Portage at hotels
• Transfer airport to Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva: EUR 35.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 55.00
for private minivan (4-7 persons)
• 3-hour excursion to Trakai and visit to Trakai Castle: EUR 40.00 pp
• Folklore dinner at Restaurant Belmontas: EUR 40.00 pp
• 4-hour excursion to Gauja National Park: EUR 50.00 pp
• 3-hours excursion to the Open Air Museum: EUR 40.00 pp
• Organ concert at the Dome Cathedral: EUR 35.00 pp
• 4-hour excursion to Jurmala with City Museum: EUR 45.00 pp
• Latvian dinner at Restaurant La Boheme: EUR 45.00 pp
• 3-hour excursion to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU: EUR 40.00 pp
• Medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack: EUR 40.00 pp
• Transfer HotelRadisson BluOlympia to airport: EUR 35.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 55.00
for private minivan (4-7 persons)
• Half board at hotels (7 x 3 course dinner with coffee/tea): EUR 185.00 pp
|Date||Price per person in DBL/TWN room||SGL supplement|
|04/23/2017||721 €||321 €|
|05/14/2017||721 €||321 €|
|05/21/2017||721 €||321 €|
|05/28/2017||721 €||321 €|
|06/04/2017||721 €||321 €|
|06/11/2017||721 €||321 €|
|06/18/2017||721 €||321 €|
|06/25/2017||721 €||321 €|
|07/02/2017||721 €||321 €|
|07/09/2017||721 €||321 €|
|07/16/2017||721 €||321 €|
|07/23/2017||721 €||321 €|
|07/30/2017||721 €||321 €|
|08/06/2017||721 €||321 €|
|08/13/2017||721 €||321 €|
|08/20/2017||721 €||321 €|
|08/27/2017||721 €||321 €|
|09/03/2017||721 €||321 €|
|09/10/2017||721 €||321 €|